Right now, the off-topic reasons include:
- Basic questions on spelling, meaning or pronunciation are off-topic as they should be answered using a dictionary. See: Policy for questions that are entirely answerable with a dictionary.
- Proofreading questions are off-topic unless a specific source of concern in the text is clearly identified. See: Alternative websites for proofreading.
- This question should include more details than have been provided here. Please edit to add the research you have done in your efforts to answer the question, or provide more context. See: Details, Please.
- Blatantly off-topic (this question has nothing to do with learning the English language).
- This question belongs on another site in the Stack Exchange network.
Since requesting resources is currently still considered off-topic, could we add this as a reason for flagging?
Otherwise, I've currently been using the "This question should include more details" and posting the community list of resources in the comments, but I have a feeling that this is not what this reason had been intended for.