"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 6 years, 6 months
411 profile views
Last seen 21 hours ago
- English Language Learners♦ 104k 104k 99 gold badges135135 silver badges256256 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 55.7k 55.7k 55 gold badges8484 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Academia 12.1k 12.1k 22 gold badges3232 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1k 1k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 215 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 195 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 119 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 108 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 93 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- 85 What is the word for always YES (100%) or always NO (0%), never in-between
- 72 How to ask dumb questions
- View more network posts →