"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 6 years, 9 months
433 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- English Language Learners♦ 106.3k 106.3k 99 gold badges141141 silver badges261261 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 55.8k 55.8k 55 gold badges8686 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Academia 12.2k 12.2k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 3.3k 3.3k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 311 Official FAQ on gender pronouns and Code of Conduct changes
- 219 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 215 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 195 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 119 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 108 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 93 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- View more network posts →