"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 7 years, 2 months
523 profile views
Last seen Mar 10 at 20:19
- English Language Learners♦ 107.4k 107.4k 99 gold badges144144 silver badges265265 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 56.4k 56.4k 55 gold badges8787 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- Academia 12.7k 12.7k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5k 5k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 265 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 234 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 199 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 119 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 108 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 100 Feedback post: Moderator review and reinstatement processes
- 92 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- View more network posts →