Aspiring writer, overworked editor, part-time ESL teacher, and (amateur) linguistic hobbyist (and struggling Italian learner).
I try to teach English in everyday, easy to understand terms. I hold a BA in English from Rutgers College and an MA in American literature from Fordham University.
Most of my advice is tailored to AmE, so please specify which dialect you're inquiring about. I can advise on any widely spoken dialect of English, especially BrE. There are some exceptions, but they are generally isolated/insular dialects.
I speak Spanish, and have a basic knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, and French (in descending order), so I'm particularly good at teaching English to Romance speakers; but I can teach ESL/EFL anyone.
New Jersey, United States
Member for 7 years, 3 months
6 profile views
Last seen Jul 28 '16 at 22:30
Top network posts
- 24 Polite alternative to the term "bitch" when referring to a female dog
- 19 What is meant by the (slang) word "tool," when used to refer to a person?
- 16 Can anyone help me with the proper pronunciation of the lateral palatal approximante (aka 'gli' trigraph)?
- 10 Is ‘cosare’ equivalent to the generic use of ‘do’ in English?
- 9 Meaning of "at least Dick Turpin wore a mask"
- 9 Word for when one uses the wrong word in a sentence
- 8 "I second that motion" or "I second that notion"
- View more network posts →