I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions.
- Kwai Chang Caine
I've been programming for more than two decades. I specialize in database design, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Java SE, OOP, OOD, good practices, SOLID principles, software patterns and code quality. Manipulating and processing data with scores of different tools is something I do often. I've done extensive work automating routinary tasks by leveraging Shell Scripting. I like to improve software usability and user experience.
Fledgling DBA with 6 years of experience but with an awful lot to learn.
Spanish is my mother tongue and I'm fluent in english. I can read technical french.
Member for 6 years
2 profile views
Last seen Aug 11 '16 at 16:23
- Software Engineering 36.7k 36.7k 1212 gold badges8787 silver badges146146 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.5k 1.5k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 415 What's wrong with comments that explain complex code?
- 327 "Never do in code what you can get the SQL server to do well for you" - Is this a recipe for a bad design?
- 144 Name of a program's startup/initial loading window?
- 131 Is making a small change, testing it, then "rinse and repeat", a bad habit?
- 80 Are assignments in the condition part of conditionals a bad practice?
- 76 How to use watch command with a piped chain of commands/programs
- 72 Exception vs empty result set when the inputs are technically valid, but unsatisfiable
- View more network posts →