I am originally from the north of Ukraine. My native language is, in my own words, Ukrainian Russian, that is, the Russian that was influenced by Ukrainian and Belorusian to some extent. I can speak good Ukrainian, though. I love to learn stuff. Since a massive amount of information is in English, knowing it really helps. I am heavily into the nuances of English, which is why I ask quite a few questions.
- English Language Learners 13.2k 13.2k 2121 gold badges102102 silver badges217217 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 289 289 33 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Ukrainian Language 257 257 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Russian Language 203 203 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 111 111 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 39 What's the opposite of the phrase "pay under the table"?
- 37 What do you call this when cats hunch their backs and their fur stands on end?
- 21 What is the meaning of the phrase "tack against"?
- 21 What do you call this when cats hunch their backs and their fur stands on end?
- 17 meaning of the phrase "play humans"?
- 17 What do you call the process of filling up an electric kettle and turning it on in one verb or phrasal verb?
- 16 "in 60 seconds or less" or "in 60 seconds or fewer"?
- View more network posts →