Native English speaker from Southern California, but I'll, like, totally try to avoid using "like" and "totally" too often in my ELL answers.
Also conversant in Japanese. Taught ESL in Japan for a number of years, in my youth, but I'll let you read about that in my memoirs.
"They can take our lives, but they'll never take our hats!!"
San Diego, CA, United States
Member for 2 years, 9 months
62 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- English Language Learners 78.1k 78.1k 66 gold badges8181 silver badges167167 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 6.6k 6.6k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 899 899 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- The Workplace 341 341 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 281 281 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 202 How to talk to my brother-in-law about my concerns about his intent to propose to his girlfriend?
- 193 Ask a girl whether she would like to come back to a hotel with me on a night out without being creepy
- 124 Why do we say "I love cake" but "I love cars"?
- 87 Meaning of "respecting" in "no law respecting an establishment of religion"
- 84 Complimenting a female co-worker without coming across as flirting?
- 82 Covering for person who refuses to tip waiter without offending?
- 70 Meaning of "Sue me"
- View more network posts →