Native English speaker from Southern California, but I'll, like, totally try to avoid using "like" and "totally" too often in my ELL answers.
Also conversant in Japanese. Taught ESL in Japan for a number of years, in my youth, but I'll let you read about that in my memoirs.
"They can take our lives, but they'll never take our hats!!"
San Diego, CA, United States
Member for 4 years, 7 months
71 profile views
Last seen Oct 29 '19 at 0:38
- English Language Learners 86.4k 86.4k 66 gold badges9292 silver badges183183 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 6.7k 6.7k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.4k 1.4k 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 291 291 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 218 Company wants to "retain" part of my salary?
- 201 How to talk to my brother-in-law about my concerns about his intent to propose to his girlfriend?
- 195 Ask a girl whether she would like to come back to a hotel with me on a night out without being creepy
- 135 Why do we say "I love cake" but "I love cars"?
- 90 Meaning of "respecting" in "no law respecting an establishment of religion"
- 88 Complimenting a female co-worker without coming across as flirting?
- 80 Covering for person who refuses to tip waiter without offending?
- View more network posts →