Formerly staff specialist, composition systems, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (retired 8 February 2019)
Formerly maintainer of AMS-LaTeX, AMS-TeX, and AMSFonts bug/request lists, at email@example.com (use that address for reporting bugs in AMS document classes)
TeX Users Group, founding board member; editor, TUGboat
former TeX entomologist (bug collector) for Donald Knuth's Computers & Typesetting, until 31 December 2014
formerly symbol collector for the STIX project, and conduit to Unicode for math symbols. I retain some connections to Unicode committee contacts, and can still offer some assistance.
NOTE: answers to questions prior to 8 February 2019 are posted in lowercase unless i was answering in an official capacity for my employer. The reasons are given in the last item in an interview on the TeX Users Group web site.
- TeX - LaTeX 82.9k 82.9k 1313 gold badges207207 silver badges489489 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.8k 2.8k 1818 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Open Source 391 391 22 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Area 51 304 304 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 174 No hyphen for a word
- 136 \dots versus \ldots - is there a difference?
- 117 LaTeX vs Word; improvements of LaTeX over the years
- 97 Typesetting before TeX and computers?
- 90 We're testing advertisements across the network
- 87 Non italic text in theorems, definitions, examples
- 83 How can I set the page number to any needed value?
- View more network posts →