Formerly staff specialist, composition systems, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (retired 8 February 2019)
Formerly maintainer of AMS-LaTeX, AMS-TeX, and AMSFonts bug/request lists, at email@example.com (use that address for reporting bugs in AMS document classes)
TeX Users Group, founding board member; editor, TUGboat
former TeX entomologist (bug collector) for Donald Knuth's Computers & Typesetting, until 31 December 2014
formerly symbol collector for the STIX project, and conduit to Unicode for math symbols. I retain some connections to Unicode committee contacts, and can still offer some assistance.
NOTE: answers to questions prior to 8 February 2019 are posted in lowercase unless i was answering in an official capacity for my employer. The reasons are given in the last item in an interview on the TeX Users Group web site.
Providence, RI, USA
Member for 7 years, 8 months
9 profile views
Last seen May 4 at 21:16
- TeX - LaTeX 79.1k 79.1k 1111 gold badges191191 silver badges446446 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.7k 2.7k 1717 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.4k 1.4k 88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Open Source 381 381 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Area 51 304 304 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 153 No hyphen for a word
- 130 \dots versus \ldots - is there a difference?
- 114 LaTeX vs Word; improvements of LaTeX over the years
- 96 Typesetting before TeX and computers?
- 90 We're testing advertisements across the network
- 83 Non italic text in theorems, definitions, examples
- 79 How can I set the page number to any needed value?
- View more network posts →