I'm retired from 35 years in the IT business as a programmer and a manager, working on natural language problems at places like Microsoft and Amazon. These days I'm exploring ways to use technology to make it easier to learn foreign languages. I have a Master's Degree in Computational Linguistics, and a lifelong love of words and languages.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
4 profile views
Last seen Sep 24 '13 at 19:39
Top network posts
- 9 Why is it vanishing instead of vanished?
- 7 What is the meaning of "Well, what do you know" here in "The Dark Knight Rises"?
- 6 Do synonyms have exactly the same meanings as each other in all contexts?
- 6 Is "all but" really ambiguous?
- 5 Word meaning something is technically accurate but overly simplistic
- 5 "Positive" synonyms for 'problem' or 'worst'
- View more network posts →