Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 4 months
Retired from IT. Always played with languages and linguistics, though not formally studied any (beyond the age of 15). At one time much involved with constructed languages Loglan and then Lojban. Since my 30s, heavily involved in theatre.
Teacher of Self Esteem Enhancement and Power of Purpose courses in the More To Life programme.
Co-founder of Paradise Green Promotions, a company which runs venues at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Owner of The Bradford Playhouse. Morris and sword dancer.
Passions: languages, music, theatre, maths.
- English Language & Usage 73.7k 73.7k 11 gold badge8989 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 56.6k 56.6k 33 gold badges7979 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Linguistics 6.1k 6.1k 1919 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Latin Language 576 576 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 266 “GOD is real, unless declared integer.”
- 114 What is the purpose of (-s) in "Don't hurts us"?
- 90 Can I use "You can" rather than "Could you" in restaurants?
- 68 "provide" vs. "provide with"
- 68 Should I say "She is in the park" or "She is at the park"?
- 66 Follow me, and your urologist will be buying himself a new yacht
- 63 Why do sentences that start with "guess" end with a question mark?
- View more network posts →