Forty-plus years in the computer industry - built my first microcomputer from a kit in 1976. Programmer (and electronics technician) by trade, problem-solver by inclination.
Now been unemployed for 17 years+, despite the alleged "skills shortage" and the "efforts" of websites, more than twenty "recruitment agents" and an entire government department. Employers prefer to engage a "new grad" who's "up-to-date" you see. They're "easier to train" (ie. they're cheaper and don't have the experience to tell the boss he's an idiot.)
So - I don't mind solving even dumb and obvious problems. Keeps what's left of my grey-matter from solidifying. At least people who place questions here have the wit to do so, unlike the average "computer expert" waving a "qualification" obtained on the demographics plan...
I've now lost interest in computing in general since the world only wants "qualified" cowboys who treat technical issues as some bizarre variety of popularity contest.
I was away from SO for a while because of the power-drunk noobie mods. I've now decided to ignore them.
...but they continue to plague me.
Well, can that. I'm sick of morons who have nothing better to do than to take offence and the idiots that support them. I spent too much time here anyway. I'll just go back to using this resource like the majority. Pity the mods don't consider relative-contribution when acting.
'Tis the way of the world nowadays, I suppose. Form is valued over substance. Those with the power to act are more interested in finding excuses for the inexcusable and have ears only for those who want to make the rules for others.
Oh - here's an example. Not allowed to tell the truth and why I'll not return here until expressly invited.
Perth, Western Australia
Member for 5 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 31 '15 at 20:48
- Stack Overflow 65.2k 65.2k 77 gold badges5050 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 971 971 66 silver badges88 bronze badges
- User Experience 241 241 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 181 181 33 bronze badges
- Super User 171 171 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 136 Batch Extract path and filename from a variable
- 58 How to use the start command in a batch file?
- 54 Batch program to to check if process exists
- 48 Get last character of a string from a variable
- 46 how to check if a parameter (or variable) is numeric in windows batch file
- 46 How do I make a batch file run strings as commands?
- 40 Batch - If, ElseIf, Else
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Dec 31 '15