I'm a geek, a role-player and a biker.
I work for Diamond Light Source, developing open source scientific software for the UK national synchrotron facility. In the past I have worked in the robotics, mechatronics and laser micro-machining industries.
- Software Engineering 13.8k 13.8k 33 gold badges3737 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.9k 6.9k 22 gold badges6262 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Area 51 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges55 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- The Workplace 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 279 Why is 80 characters the 'standard' limit for code width?
- 111 How can I run the Pi on Solar Power?
- 108 Is micro-optimisation important when coding?
- 99 What other hidden or inobvious RSS feeds are available on Stack Exchange and its sites?
- 91 Real differences between "java -server" and "java -client"?
- 88 Is it worthwhile to write unit tests for scientific research codes?
- 87 How can I extend the life of my SD card?
- View more network posts →