FumbleFingers Reinstate Monica
I did my degree in English/French Language/Linguistics back in the '70s, but I only got a middling grade, and I've worked in software development ever since, so I'm really only an expert on English language in the same way any articulate native speaker is.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
126 profile views
Last seen Aug 30 at 11:33
- English Language & Usage 129.4k 129.4k 4141 gold badges261261 silver badges458458 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 53.6k 53.6k 22 gold badges6464 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Linguistics 958 958 77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 957 957 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Skeptics 835 835 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 139 "Replace with" versus "replace by"
- 114 An English idiom for "solve a problem that has been solved"?
- 97 Is there a word for a change so small that it doesn’t seem to be a change at all?
- 82 Why is "He knows to swim" incorrect?
- 81 Looking for a word to describe the sound of the morning as hundreds of birds begin singing before sunrise?
- 79 What do you call money earned through unethical sources?
- 77 Is there a word or phrase for something that one might wish exists, but most certainly doesn't?
- View more network posts →