I am not a native speaker, but I like foreign languages. I work with translations into English from other languages for publication, and this is the reason why my goal is to sound as 'undisturbingly' English as possible. I am therefore keen on having contact with native speakers. I am grateful to be shown my mistakes, they are my best teachers.
I am super-interested in the noblest way one can express things in writing, but hate pedantism.
Member for 7 months
7 profile views
Last seen Jul 21 at 21:23
- English Language & Usage 7.5k 7.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 5.5k 5.5k 66 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- French Language 524 524 1313 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 232 232 88 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 216 216 55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 22 I'm baffled at this expression: "If I don't talk to you beforehand, then......"
- 18 Is there a phrase/word meaning "visit a place for a short period of time"?
- 17 Analysis of this sentence and the "through via" usage within
- 14 What's the word for someone who knows what you need in advance?
- 12 On which SE should I ask about dyslexia?
- 11 Is there a more informal or slang alternative to "couple" for two youths in a relationship?
- 10 What's the meaning of "wooden loaf", the famous expression used by Gandhi to define the Independence of India?
- View more network posts →