This user knows that Context is King.
He is a native speaker of English, but still often gets things wrong and/or can’t answer questions.
He is in awe of those who do endeavour to learn English, because he’s learnt a little German and has realised that English must be an awful language to learn; he knows there’s a reason there’s both an English Language Usage SE and an English Language Learners SE.
He often uses the Royal We.
Member for 7 months
6 profile views
Last seen Oct 21 at 21:21
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1.6k 1.6k 1010 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 703 703 11 gold badge99 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 624 624 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Puzzling 427 427 1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 48 Sci-fi short story about a man being pulled up by the cops for walking around
- 27 Were the dragons servants of Sauron after Morgoth’s defeat?
- 23 How loud is combat? (How far away can you expect it to be heard?)
- 23 What does Eru Ilúvatar's name mean?
- 22 How can a language be prevented from evolving and drifting?
- 18 Use of Mage Hand during combat to gain advantage?
- 18 How do governments keep people accountable for contracts and oaths in a civilisation without a writing system?
- View more network posts →