sentences has the following tag wiki:
A sentence is a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate.
I notice the tag is being used in questions that:
- Ask about a phrase to use, as "to find" or "finding" after the verb "help"
- Ask the difference between two phrases, as What is the difference between "to bring "and "bringing"
- Ask whenever a word is treated as singular or plural, as When to treat 'Police' as a singular noun and a plural noun?
- Ask how to rewrite a sentence, as How can I rewrite this sentence?
- Ask if a sentence is correct, as Correctness of "Which has best served" (present perfect)
In some cases, the tag is simply used to mean "the context for the question is a sentence," which is probably true in most of the cases.
When somebody is asking a question for which the context is missing, users comment asking for more context (e.g. where the word was seen, who said it); as result, most of the times the OP adds a sentence or two that make clear the context. Should sentences be added to those questions because the OP wrote a sentence, and not a phrase?
What should be written in the sentences tag wiki to make clear when should be used? Is there anything that should be written to make it clearer when it should be used?