This question is to get help from the community when you come across a tag that needs reworking. Post an answer with the tags in question and what you think should be done to fix them up. If it involves renaming or making synonyms, I will just do what is proposed unless it seems like it could be controversial.
Feel free to discuss tagging and other editing concerns in the Editor's Lounge chat room.
Things to keep in mind from previous discussions:
- Tags not associated with any question are automatically destroyed at 03:00 UTC every day, so anyone with editing privileges can easily get rid of a tag that has just a few questions.
- We've settled on plural tag names for nouns (verbs and not verb)
- Tags should have usage guidance that explains the types of questions the tag should be applied to, so please include the guidance if you're proposing a new tag.
- It's better to have longer tag names than ambiguous tags. For example, I created letters-of-the-alphabet when I found half of the questions in letters were about correspondence. Even when there is guidance, it sometimes doesn't get read, so tag names should be descriptive.
- When to burninate
- How should we make tag blacklist requests?
I like to try name tags so that they fit into this sentence "This question is about ____." It's not always sensible though, so don't force tags into it.